Polyphony Digital is ready to show some new footage from Gran Turismo Sport. The Playstation Blog announced today that a new trailer for the racer will make its premiere on May 19, at 10:45 a.m. Pacific, 2:45 PM Eastern.
Where will you be able to catch this trailer? On the Gran Turismo or PlayStation YouTube channels, where a livestream will be broadcast. First the trailer will be shown; then it’ll be followed by a pair of Gran Turismo Championship pre-season test races. There should also be new information revealed about the game during the stream, which we’ll bring to you after it happens.
- 10:45am PT – 11:00am PT: Run down of the day’s events, news and a showcase of the brand new GT SPORT trailer.
- 11:00am PT – 12:30pm PT: Nations Cup Pre-Season Test and the Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test of the FIA Gran Turismo Championships [not necessarily in order]:
- The Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test
- The Nations Cup Pre-Season Test
- 12:30pm BST – 1:00pm PT: Trophy ceremonies [1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each cup]
As for the VR rumor mentioned yesterday, it was all but confirmed months ago. Polyphony Digital mentioned last October that it was working to make Gran Turismo Sport compatible with Playstation VR. We’ll know in a week if they were successful.