Just a reminder that today is the day Rocket League unleashes Rumble on an unsuspecting public. An entirely new mode that’s been added for free, Rumble adds eleven additional items to each match, spiking the anarchy factor and making things more unpredictable. The new items and the powers they grant their users are as follows….
- The Boot (Kick’s an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
And there’s more. Rumble is part of a larger update that also adds Psyonix’s new “Crates and Keys” system, which, we admit, is designed to get more people to buy the in-game purchases. Crates containing items like decals, wheels, and other accessories will randomly appear on the field to be collected….but they will be locked, and opening them will cost real money. Lame, I know, but YOU don’t have to be the one to pay. The people that do keep features like Rumble free.
More is to come. Today also marks the launch of the beta for Rocket League on Mac. Once it’s finished, even more platforms will be able to join in….