Last weekend Psyonix took the occasion of the Rocket League Championship Series to make an announcement about the game’s future plans. Coming soon to Rocket League is a new mode that’s intended to create the craziest matches ever. Rumble adds eleven additional items to each match, spiking the anarchy factor and making things more unpredictable. The new items and the powers they grant their users are as follows….
- The Boot (Kick’s an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
Rumble is supposed to be part of a major update hitting Rocket League in September, but we have yet to find out what else this update will be composed of. We expect to hear about it soon.
And yup, we’ve got a trailer…..